Should you have further questions, please contact:
Zentralverband der Augenoptiker
The date and location of the next practical examination is:
- Practical examinations for Part C: 27 March 2020 at the HFAK in Cologne.
Please note that there are no more practical examinations for Parts A and B.
Written examinations may only be organised upon request and would take place either at the HFAK in Cologne or in the offices of the ZVA in Dusseldorf.
To register for the written practical examinations, please contact Europadiplom@zva.de.
Documents necessary for registration include:
- registration form
- copy of BTS or equivalent qualification
- transfer of the correct examination fee
- other requested documents announced by the ZVA
To register for the European Diploma, please download and fill in the below form. This also includes information on the deadline for registration.
The individual examination sections cost €100 for the written parts and €500 for the practical parts.
Please note that the fee increases by 30% for each resit examination.
Payments by cheque are no longer accepted.
Please transfer your registration fee to:
ZENTRALVERBAND DER AUGENOPTIKER
Examination documents for the practical examinations:
- ECOO European Diploma in Optometry_Practical Examination_Part A (PDF)
- ECOO European Diploma in Optometry_Practical Examination_Part B – Contact Lens (PDF)
- ECOO European Diploma in Optometry_Practical Examination_Part B – Binocular Vision(PDF)
- ECOO European Diploma in Optometry_Practical Examination_Part B – Refraction(PDF)
- ECOO European Diploma in Optometry_Part C Examination (PDF)
You may also find the following documents useful:
- Candidate Guidelines (English)(PDF), Candidate Guidelines (German) (PDF)
- Learning outcomes and syllabus (English)(PDF), Learning outcomes and syllabus (German) (PDF)
- Reading List (English)(PDF), Reading List (German) (PDF)
Information on the Portfolio: