Should you have further questions, please contact:
The dates and locations for the next practical examinations are:
Part A: 1./2.2.19 in Cologne
Part B: 21./22./23.02.19 in Cologne
Part C: 29.3.19 in Utrecht
The deadline for registrations is:
- 10 December for the practical examination
- 31 July for the written examination
To comply with the deadline, students must submit all necessary documents (i.e. first time registration form, written exams registration form, copy of BTS or equivalent qualification and all other requested documents) to the ZVA and transfer the correct examination fee.
To register for the European Diploma, please download and fill in the below form. This also includes information on the deadline for registration.
The individual examination sections cost €100 for the written parts and €500 for the practical parts.
Please note that the fee increases by 30% for each resit examination.
Payments by cheque are no longer accepted.
Please transfer your registration fee to:
ZENTRALVERBAND DER AUGENOPTIKER
Examination documents for the practical examinations:
- ECOO European Diploma in Optometry_Practical Examination_Part A (PDF)
- ECOO European Diploma in Optometry_Practical Examination_Part B – Contact Lens (PDF)
- ECOO European Diploma in Optometry_Practical Examination_Part B – Binocular Vision(PDF)
- ECOO European Diploma in Optometry_Practical Examination_Part B – Refraction(PDF)
- ECOO European Diploma in Optometry_Part C Examination (PDF)
You may also find the following documents useful:
- Candidate Guidelines (English)(PDF), Candidate Guidelines (German) (PDF)
- Learning outcomes and syllabus (English)(PDF), Learning outcomes and syllabus (German) (PDF)
- Reading List (English)(PDF), Reading List (German) (PDF)
Information on the Portfolio: