ECOO is the umbrella association of 38 national professional optometric and optical associations in 25 countries:
“At the heart of ECOO are its members”
ECOO is a diverse and multi-cultural network of national professional associations. We work together towards a shared vision and engage in various projects and activities to drive our common interest forward.
By joining ECOO, you will be able to engage with dedicated professionals from across Europe, share your experience and participate in initiatives. To name a few of the advantages:
- Gain access to the General Assembly meetings, representing an excellent networking and information sharing platform.
- Engage on specific projects by joining one of our specialised committees, the Public Affairs and Economic Committee and the Professional Services Committee or one of our ad-hoc working groups.
- Benefit from studies, position papers and press releases that are developed on an on-going basis
- Contribute to the development of the scope of practice and educational standards across Europe.
- Receive information on legislative developments at EU level and from other EU countries and participating public affairs activities.
How to join
Interested organisations need to apply by means of a formal letter addressed to the ECOO President, presenting the organisation, its objectives and reasons for wishing to join ECOO. This letter needs to be complemented by a copy of the organisation’s statutes.
If you wish to become a member, please contact the ECOO Secretariat for further details and information: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to widen its membership base and adequately represent the interests of the optical and optometric sector ECOO has introduced the “affiliated membership” as a new membership category.
Affiliated Membership offers:
- European and international organisations with an interest in optometry and optics (including companies) the possibility to join ECOO
- Gives your organisation access to information from ECOO
- Enables your organisation to participate in ECOO meetings and to network with the optical leads from our 30 member countries
To learn more about this option, please read our Affiliated Membership – Brochure (PDF).